Location - Tanunda, South Australia
The Château Tanunda was established in 1890 after an opportunity for large wine export to Europe was identified with the drop in supply from a France hit by phyloxerra. The Barossa wine industry, however, was disorganised and made up of over 560 peasant sized growers in the 1880s. While vineyards were expanding, what was lacking was the winery space.
From 1916 to 1998, the Chateau was owned by the Seppelt family. The business and structure was restored by the Geber family who purchased it in 1998, including building a small batch basket press winery. Its wines come from over 100 hectares of estate owned vineyards in the sub-regions of Bethany,Eden Valley, Vine Vale and Tanunda, as well as grapes from 30 growers across the Barossa Valley.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection